Classic Strawberry Pavlova
- 500gm The Country Chef Bakery Co. Pavlova Round
- 2 punnets fresh strawberries
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cup fresh cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 cup biscuit crumbs
- 1 tbsp edible gold dust
- Prepare strawberry sauce by cutting stems off 1 punnet of strawberries and mash with a potato masher in a medium sized pot. Add the caster sugar and heat and simmer until all the sugar has dissolved. Purée in a blender and strain through a fine sieve. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare gold crumb by tossing the biscuit crumbs and gold dust in a large mixing bowl until gold has coated the crumbs evenly.
- Cover the pavlova with a thick layer of whipped cream. Cut remaining strawberries in half and pour over pavlova. Drizzle strawberry sauce over the top and sprinkle with the gold crumbs.