4 Egg Whites
250g Caster Sugar
2 teaspoons of Cornflour
1 teaspoon of White Wine Vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla(Tip you can use Vanilla Flavour, but the Pure Vanilla provides a distinct Vanilla flavour)
Decorate with cream (300ml small cream should do the trick) and fruit (your favourite fruits in season!)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Beat 4 egg whites (tip: Egg whites should be at room temperature to aerate really well!) and add a pinch of salt until you get shiny peaks forming in your mix.
- Now beat in 250g of Caster Sugar, half the sugar at a time. Your mix should start to stiffen up with the sugar, but still be nice and shiny.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Cornflour.
- Add 1 teaspoon of White Wine Vinegar and a 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla into your mix and gently fold through.
- Scoop your mix onto a tray, lined with Baking Paper. You can do a traditional ’round’ shape or try a rectangular shape, so you can serve square portions.
- Place in oven; then immediately reduce your heat to 150 degrees and cook for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature again to 130 degrees for another 45 mins
- Once baked, Let your pavlova cool completely on a wire rack. We turn our pavlovas upside down to pack them, giving the customers a nice flat base to decorate.
- Decorate with your favourite cream and fruit! For our Classic Pav, we’ve drizzled a Strawberry sauce, then topped with fresh cream, more fresh cut Strawberries and finished with a sprinkle of store bought Gold Cake Decorating Balls for a nod to Xmas. You can use whatever you love ..fresh chopped mint or chopped pistachios … just to give your presentation that extra something for Xmas!
Note: Strawberry Sauce
Ingredients: 2 punnets of strawberries, washed and hulled.
4 Tablespoons Caster Sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Method: Chop Strawberries in half. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine your strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Heat stirring occasionally, you’ll see the sauce thicken and you can remove from heat after about 5mins. Then in a blender puree ½ the Strawberries and then mix the sauce back into the remaining strawberries.